The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released this new Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to expand the public health workforce by training 13,000 community health workers (CHW), as well as building their knowledge and skills.
The CHWTP is a new multiyear program focused on education and on-the-job training to build the pipeline of CHWs. This program will support experiential training and employment through registered apprenticeships and job placements. The CHWTP aims to increase access to care, improve public health emergency response, and address the public health needs of underserved communities.
HRSA will award approximately $226.5 million to up to 75 grantees over a period of three years.
Eligible Applicants Include:
· Health professions schools, including an accredited school or program of public health, health administration, preventive medicine, or dental public health or a school providing health management programs;
· Academic health centers;
· State or local governments, including state, local and territorial public health departments; or
· Any other appropriate public or private non-profit entity such as but not limited to: community colleges, community health centers, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), and community-based organizations, and tribal entities that train public health workers.
· In addition to the 50 states, eligible applicants include the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau. Tribes and Tribal organizations may apply for these funds, if otherwise eligible. Foreign entities and individuals are not eligible for this HRSA award.
The application deadline is June 14, 2022.
Join the technical assistance webinar to learn about this funding opportunity, including application requirements:
Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 Time: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
For dial-in only:
· Phone Number: 833-568-8864
· Meeting ID: 160 780 9787
· Passcode: 25394472
Want to read the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)?