Brooklyne’s Beacons is a non-profit organization created to “continue to share Brooke’s light, love and joy as well as bring more awareness to childhood cancer”. The non-profit organization is hosting an event “Bike for the Bell 2022” which will benefit CureSearch for Children’s Cancer. CureSearch is a non-profit focused on “funding more effective, less toxic treatments” for children with cancer.
The event will take place Saturday, September 17th at McKean Community Recreational Park (8798 Main Street McKean, PA 16426). Participants can choose to bike, run, or walk to show their support. The facebook event page can be found here https://www.facebook.com/events/1512409315821845/?ti=ls and shares the following information:
“Our daughter, Brooklyne Rose, was diagnosed with AML (leukemia) at 10 months of age. During her 8 month battle, she received many treatments, including trial treatments, to help her gain remission. None of them were successful on her leukemia. However, knowing there were options gave us hope. That is why we continue to support research, especially pediatric cancer research…so that other parents can have that hope for their precious child.
Bike for the Bell Ride:
– Cost: with shirt $50 or without a shirt $40
– 47-mile cycle event—47 miles for the 47 – children diagnosed with cancer each day
– 2–person teams will ride the 23.5 mile route together
– Rider check-in will begin at 8 a.m.
– Rider meeting will start at 8:30 a.m.
– At the conclusion of the meeting, riders can begin.
Bike for the Bell Run:
– Cost with a shirt $40 or without a shirt $30
– 4.7 miles run
– Runner check-in will begin at 10 a.m.
– Runner meeting will start at 10:30 a.m.
– At the conclusion of the meeting, runners can begin.
Bike for the Bell Walk:
– Cost with a shirt $30 or without a shirt $20
– 1-mile CureSearch Walk
– Walker check-in will begin at 10 a.m.
– Walker meeting will start at 10:30 a.m.
– At the conclusion of the meeting, walkers can begin.
Lunch will be provided by Grabski Farm Market beginning at 11 a.m.
Opportunity to purchase raffle tickets to win gift baskets.”
TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED FOR THIS EVENT HERE:
Additional information on CureSearch can be found at www.curesearch.org.